The editor will return manuscripts for issues of formatting before terminally rejecting an article. Some specific formatting of which all authors should be aware:
- Feature pieces should be no more than 7500 words. Brief pieces should be no more than 4500 words. Both of these limits EXCLUDES works cited lists, but INCLUDES tables, figures
- Abstracts should be no more than 125 words and come directly after the title of the article.
- Sanitize all manuscripts be removing identifying verbiage BEFORE submission, this includes all author or institutional information before and within the text.
- Use 12 pt. Times New Roman font throughout manuscript including all text, tables, figures, references.
- DO NOT include a title page.
- Double space all text.
- Single space all tables and place WITHIN the manuscript.
- Do NOT use a running head.
- Leave pages unnumbered.
- DO indent the first words of paragraphs.
- List references alphabetically, flush left, single spaced, with a hard returen between each reference.
- No photos or appendices will be accepted and will be deleted from manuscripts prior to review.
- We encourage the use of first person pronouns ("I" and "We").
- For items not covered above, adhere to guidelines of most recent APA manual.
Submitting a Manuscript
Authors should follow these rules as they submit a manuscript.
- Submissions are ONLY received via the JOLE FastTrack site at http://jole.expressacademic.org/login.php
- ALL submissions must be uploaded as Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) files.
- Do not use special characters in the name of your document. Alphanumerica characters ONLY.
- Authors may submit a manuscript for consideration at any time.